The two main types of visa are tourist and business. One can also apply for a student, transit and permanent resident visa. Whether you plan to stay less than 30 days and enter Russia only once during your trip or for longer or repeated travels, we recommend applying for a tourist visa, since this type of visa is easier to obtain.
Required documents for a tourist visa application:
- passport valid for 6 months or more after the end of your trip to Russia. Your passport has to have at least 2 blank pages;
- two filled out application forms;
- one passport-size photo with a signature on the reverse side;
- a letter of invitation from a tourist company accredited with the Foreign Ministry of Russia. The invitation letter must contain passport information, dates of the trip, the address of your stay in Moscow and a hotel reservation. The letter of invitation must be signed and stamped;
- a tourist voucher in which the personal info of the traveler is listed, including name, date of birth, passport number, dates of the trip, name of company issuing the letter of invitation (travel agent, hotel). A tourist voucher can be provided by your travel agent.
If you are traveling by the invitation of your friends, they need to obtain the letter of invitation from their local passport office.
It is important to remember that according to the law, all visitors in Moscow must register themselves within 3 days of arrival in Moscow. The registration can be performed in your hotel or by your host if the host can prove the ownership of the place where you stay.
WowMoscow is happy to help you obtain a Russian visa. Click on Apply for the Russian Visa to submit your application.